HISTORY

Industria Farmaceutica Galenica Senese was founded in Siena in 1949 by two local pharmacists, who made a shrewd guess at the business potential to industrialise the manufacturing process of galenic solutions for infusion, which at that time were still prepared by hand in the pharmacy. They set up a small production site inside the ancient city walls of Siena. In the 1980’s business flourished and the production site and offices were relocated to Monteroni D’Arbia in the Sienese countryside. This choice was based on the purity of the water supply coming from the nearby mountain Monte Amiata and the particular microbiological properties of the water, which are perfect in terms of concentration of mineral salts, pH and hardness. The company is still in the same location, with the same water supply, but since then it has expanded and the ownership has changed. In 1985 the company was acquired by and incorporated in the SVAS Group. The SVAS Group is owned by a Neapolitan family and was led by Mr. Francesco Fausto Perillo who founded it during the 1970’s. SVAS, today SVAS BIOSANA, is a company specialized in manufacturing medical devices, wound dressings, incontinence products, cotton wool and sells more than 20,000 products including medical devices and medical equipment, speciality surgical instrumentation and specialist products. The Group is still led by the Perillo family, but since the death of the owner, his wife Claudia Scala Perillo, their son Umberto and their daughter Danila Antonia have taken over. Dr. Danila Perillo is CEO of Galenica Senese.

Caricamento...